Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Now or Never!
Has anyone heard about what is going on in Ohio? Ohio Legislature recently passed that if you played two years of a varsity sport, cheerleading or band that you are exempt from the PE requirements. This is a big hit to the Physical Education program and educators. Being a former athlete myself, I did not take PE very seriously and have suffered the consequences. I never learned how to eat properly and live a healthy lifestyle. Now that athletics are over, I struggle with working out properly and keeping my weight relatively stable. I feel that this is a challenge for us as future Phys Ed. teachers to find ways to make sure that we stop this trend. We have to find ways to show the people in charge that PE is very important and is improving lives in critical ways. The writing is on the wall so it is now or never!Information Commented from is found at: http://www.physicaleducationupdate.com/peblog/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard about what is going on in Ohio, but I know what your talking about with being a former athlete. It is really hard to know how to properly work out and maintain weight after sports. I was a three sport letter in high school and then I had an accident. After the hope of becoming something in the sports field I began to do what we all do after sports become lazy. I really had no idea what to do to exercise or workout so I didn't, because I didn't have to work out real hard before. Now it is a struggle to stay fit and I do blaim it on my PE teacher. I got out of almost all of my PE classes to prepare for sports and in the long run it hurt me. Now, I am becoming a PE teacher to try and fix this problem I sturggle with.
ReplyDeleteThat is a terrible idea. This will have a very negative effect on Ohio graduates being active beyond high school. Most athletes are very well motivated during high school or college when they have a coach yelling at them and telling them what to do. They run into trouble when they have not gone through a good PE program and learned how to do things for themselves and what they need to focus on.
ReplyDelete